The night before our trip to the farm was another late night, so we headed off a bit later than usual. Kath hadn't been to the farm for a few weeks, so we made the effort to go and do some more work.
I had been watching the weather over the past week and we were rewarded with a little more rain in the tank. The yellow tape is where we left it last week - so about another inch of water, which takes us to just under 400 litres.
While I did some odd jobs around the shed, Kath and Fonzi relaxed a bit. There was recovering to do after drinking (almost) a bottle of wine the night before. The temperature was in the high 30's, so it wasn't a nice day to do hard work.
I had a little bit of timber left over from the flooring, so I started working on a cover for the water tank (and its twin, when we buy it). The water in the tank is starting to get a green tinge to it, which is algae growing. These tanks don't last too long if they are exposed to the sun and algae.
After a bit more building, Kath and I took a drive around the property to check out the weed spraying I had done the week before.
Most of the thistles were starting to look sick, but were still hanging on. I think we'll have to wait a bit longer to see whether the weeds are on their death bed. Here's a large thistle I sprayed last week - starting to wilt.
I had been watching the weather over the past week and we were rewarded with a little more rain in the tank. The yellow tape is where we left it last week - so about another inch of water, which takes us to just under 400 litres.
Most of the thistles were starting to look sick, but were still hanging on. I think we'll have to wait a bit longer to see whether the weeds are on their death bed. Here's a large thistle I sprayed last week - starting to wilt.
No comments:
Post a Comment