18 May 2009

17 May 2009

I headed off to the farm on 17 May with Fonzi to check out the north boundary and prepare for building a fence along our neighbour's property. Of course, I would rather spend my time building the cabin, but we have an obligation to establish a fence with our neighbours (at least when they ask us to!).

I awoke at 4:30am and left home just on 5am. It should be a crime to be up this early on a Sunday morning. I had driven about 20 minutes past Bargo by the time of first light and the sun was finally up by the time I got to Marulan. I still wouldn't be out of bed if it was a work day!!!!

The only stop I made was to fill up with fuel at Goulburn and I eventually arrived at the farm about 8:30am. I didn't mess around and filled in some holes with concrete at the cabin site. This would be the only cabin-related work today :-( . It's good to see that blue poles are still standing. Maybe one day I'll finish this project ;-)

After mixing concrete and cleaning up, I headed to the North boundary marker to walk the north boundary. I don't want to put the fence in the wrong place!!!!!!

Here's the front boundary. The yellow pegs are the site for the front gate. This is our new front driveway - shame there's no gate yet. This driveway will save us about 20 minutes of driving to get into the property.
Below is the view looking into the property when I'm standing in between the 2 yellow markers. If you zoom in you can see the yellow spray paint on the tree marking the proposed track. Pink paint for the boundary and yellow paint for the track.


This is a closeup photo of the tree in the distance which shows the track. Just follow the yellow brick (or paint) road!

This is a photo of the north boundary. It's hard to get perspective, but it's only about 3 meters away from the far yellow peg in the photo above. The pink paint shows the direction of the boundary.

Here's a photo of the next boundary marker which is about 100 meters into the property. This photo is looking back towards the (new and unbuilt) front gate.

This tree stump is about 20 metres from the pink marker (above) directly south into our property.


I ended up walking backwards and forwards along the boundary for the next couple of hours to make sure that the track doesn't encroach into the neighbour's property. I was exhausted by the end of it. Here's a tree near one of the fences which has a cool hole in the bottom of it. Hopefully it won't fall over.

After a hard day walking around, I grabbed a bite to eat at the big dam and Fonzi had a big sleep. After resting, I headed up to the lookout. On the way, I startled a mob of about 5 pigs. They ran off into the scrub like lightning - too quick for a photo.

Here's a photo of the other (medium) dam on our property. It doesn't get much attention from us because it's a bit boring.

Here's the big dam. Still the same amount of water as last time. Still, better than no water at all! I took the photo just as the ducks were landing.


I then just relaxed near the smallest dam for a while before heading back to Sydney. Another great day at the farm!!!! We're back on the June long weekend, so stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment