As fortune would have it, I had the Friday before the June long weekend off, so I headed to the farm for a long, long weekend. The air was icy cold when I arrived at the farm. I had left Sydney later than usual, so I arrived with only an hour or two of light left. I used the time to start a fire and make
myself comfortable for the night.

This was the project planned for the weekend.

The next day I started by adding the end cross beams.

This is the first cross beam.

Here are the beams all finished. The roof is angled towards the shed, so we can collect a bit more water.

We need guttering to collect water, so that has been added. It was a busy day and it was time to call it a night.

That night was bitterly cold but I was warm in my new sleeping bag. I woke up early to find the ground (and the car) covered with ice. The ground was crunchy under foot. This gives a new meaning to "severe frost warning".

The next job was to add some cross beams to strengthen the roof and give the laserlight something to hold onto. By Sunday afternoon, I had finished as much of the annex as I could, so it was time to direct my attention to the cover over the water tanks.

This is how I left the project. It needs a roof plus some side panels to finished it off.

This is the first roof sheeting. It will be cut to length later.

I took some time away from building to have a bit of a walk around the farm. I was pleasantly surprised to see a white kangaroo on the property. Kath and I had seen it only once before and we thought it might have been a fluke. This was as close as I could get to it.

I headed back to the shed just before dark to start on dinner. We purchased a microwave which we connect to the generator. Doin' it tough at the farm!!!

The next morning was also bitterly cold. The weather forecast predicted severe frost and the air had a real winter bite to it.

After warming up with a cup of coffee (or two), I continued with working on the roof of the water tank cover.

The gutter was installed, but there was not enough time to finish the job on this trip. I will have to wait a little bit before I finish this job. I also have to decide where the water will be plumbed to.

With only a few hours of light left, I made my way back to Sydney for the long trip home.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.