The weather forecast was not great and we were debating whether to go to the farm. The forecast was for heavy rain and we were hoping that the forecast would be wrong and the rain would stay away. We were lucky and the gamble paid off.
There had been about 20mm of rain since the last visit, which was only 1 week earlier.

The main tank (on the left) was full and the second tank was at about 80%. We don't need to water any plants at this time of year, so we are saving quite a bit of water.

Blessed with some "OK" weather, I continued to work on the roof of the annex. Here's where the job was left last time.

The main priority was to ensure that we were warm for the upcoming night. The forecast was for temperatures close to zero degrees. This should keep us warm tonight (the wood, not Fonzi).

With a little bit of light left in the day, we started with painting the annex. This should keep the timber in good condition and protect it from the elements. We chose a neutral green paint so the colour does not clash with the surroundings.

The next morning was chilly and a fog over the valley slowly dissipated.

This is the top of the annex which is ready for the laser light roofing to go on.

This is the first sheet bolted down and the second sheet is in place and ready to go.

I'm adjusting the second sheet into position.

The only way to bolt the second sheet on is to climb onto the roof. I was very uncomfortable being on the roof. The laser light is
very flexible and buckles
very easily under me. The product specs say that it is "virtually unbreakable", I think the exception may be sitting on it the wrong way.

After about 20 minutes on the roof, I had installed all the clear plastic sheeting . I was very glad that part of the job was finished. Here are the first 3 sheets in place. Lucky there is no hole in them where I fell through.

The wind had picked up a little bit by now and I would postpone installing the remainder of the sheets. I started on the guttering, which did not depend on the wind speed.

With time almost up, we packed up and headed back home. This is where we left the project.

It had been a short stay, but we had achieved a fair bit. We were thankful that the weather had stayed on our side.
No comments:
Post a Comment