21 September 2009

Cameo at the farm

After a couple of late nights (including the Wolfmother concert on Saturday night), we headed to the farm on Sunday - just for the day. No pre-dawn departure this time - we were up at 6:30am but the sun was already over the horizon.

The weather was predictably windy and overcast, but the sun was out enough to give us a mild sun burn.

The epic adventure known as the shed continues..... With more supplies, it's time to turn this shed into our weekend palace. I brought along most of the gear I need to make the shed's floor and square up the walls.


While I was busy on the shed, Kath was doing what she loves, lawn mowing! (I know it's sick, but I don't complain!). After firing up the world's oldest lawnmower, Kath got to work. Now she was never going to mow the whole farm, but she was giving it a good crack.

Meanwhile, I installed some flashing on the shed to seal up the sides. This should stop water and nasty insects from getting inside. Here's one half of one side done.


On the inside of the shed, I dug 9 holes which will house the floor supports. Here's just 3 of the holes.

After hours of lawn mowing and litres of 2-stroke fuel, this is Kath's handywork. It barely made a dent in the amount of grass we have, but it's (much) better than nothing.


On the plant front, both Stella the Cherry Tree and Elvis (not too sure what tree he is) are starting to blossom. There is life at the farm after all!


Here's Fonzi looking pretty in the grass. You can see how green and long the grass is. No wonder it took Kath hours to mow a tennis court-sized area!

Here's Fonzi and Kath over looking the dam. I think Fonzi has his eye on the car because he wants to go home (he tolerates the farm!).

Well, it doesn't seem like we spent a lot of time at the farm, but it was again time to go. This was a shorter than usual trip because we turned up late (and tired). Anyway, Kath has the next weekend off work and, weather permitting, we will try to stay the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment