07 September 2009

Ye Olde Shed

Another Sunday and another trip to the farm. Kath was busy working, so I was heading off with Fonzi to knock over a bit of work on the shed.

On arrival at the final gate before entering the property, I was greeted by the neighbour's cattle. They were looking for a feed but there were too many hungry mouths!

The main question on my mind (and the purpose of my trip) was to see how the shed stood up to the gale-force winds after we aborted our holiday due to bad weather. Given the quality of the shed and the strength of the winds, I wasn't confident at all that it would still be standing.

Well on arrival, I was pleasantly surprised. The shed appeared to be just as we had left it! It was strapped down with 300kg straps - so I shouldn't be surprised - but, I always plan for the worse.


With the supplies I had brought with me, I started to work on the supports of the shed. Two supports for each face of the shed.



One essential thing on every farm is water - and lots of it. Every time we travel to the farm for an overnight stay, we bring a jerry can or two full of water. If only we had some water at the farm, we could leave the water at home. The first step to harvesting water is to install some gutters onto the shed. Here's one side of the guttering ready to be installed. I just need to add a downpipe so I can install a water tank. Ha, easy!


As usual, Fonzi had had enough and retreated to the car. Soft!



Here are my wire strainers for the fencing. I thought I would try them out on a bit of the fence which already has a patch in it. I'll be living with these things once I start wiring up the boundary fence.


Well, time flies and there was only about 20 minutes of the day left, so I took a quick drive around the farm to have a bit of a look. The "squatting" sheep were in their usual place and seemed happy enough.

Kath and I are planning to head back to the farm on 21 September. I'm sure there will be more work on the shed next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment